Have you ever played the “Never Have I Ever!” game? It’s pretty fun 🙂 I started thinking about creating a sewing edition and before I knew it everything had spilled out… and below is the final version!
This activity is perfect if you’re just curious where you stand… It’s even better if you print it out and take it to your sewing retreat or quilt group meeting and compare your score with your sewing besties!
Never Have I Ever! (Sewing Edition)
Rules: Give yourself a point for every item on the list that you HAVE done!
- Run out of thread with less than 12 inches to finish a project
- Ripped out the same seam more than once
- Bought fabric with no particular project in mind
- Found a good deal on fabric and bought waaaay too much of it
- Been asked by a friend of a friend to fix a clothing seam
- Designed my own quilt pattern
- Found fabric scraps in my purse days after a trip to the fabric store
- Been super proud of myself for taking on a pattern I thought would be too hard
- Sewn something as a gift
- Sewn something as a gift, and then made another one because I decided to keep the first
- Cut my finger with a rotary cutter
- (Tried to) zig-zag stitch with the straight stitch food still on
- Broken more than 2 needles in a day
- Gone more than 2 years without servicing my sewing machine
- Sewn something inside out or wrong side of the fabric
- Had to stop what I was doing and look for my scissors only to realize they were in my hand the whole time
- Entered into a quilt show
- Forgot to prewash my fabric until it was too late (oh no!)
- Planned a vacation stop because of a fabric shop I wanted to visit
- Given up on a project that was too difficult
- Bought too little fabric
- Stepped on a pin
- Took a project with me to a Dr. appointment waiting room
- Tried to teach another family member how to sew
- Made homemade gifts for my entire family
- Had to give a gift late because I didn’t finish it on time
- Sewn-through my finger with the sewing machine
- Miscut fabric and had to make another trip to the fabric store
- Sewn for more than 12 inches without knowing that the bobbin had run out
- Been recognized and called by name by the fabric store employee
What’s Your Score?
Total up how many points you have and put your score in the comments! Then share this post and call up your sewing girls to see how you rank 🙂
The more points you have, the more experienced sewist you are!
For more free printables, join my email list!
I have a whole library of freebies!